The ministries of Advocacy and Social Justice strive to promote the witness of our faith in Jesus Christ by fostering attitudes and activities in which parishioners share their God-given talents, time and treasure with those most in need. In creating an environment of solidarity, we walk with all our brothers and sisters through life’s journey, as Jesus directs our path together.
Peace and Justice Ministry:
The mission of the Peace and Justice Ministry is to:
- Provide educational opportunities for the parish to increase parishioners’ awareness of Catholic social teaching in the context of real world issues.
- Research real world peace & justice issues. Identify issues for possible action by the parish community.
- Present potential actions or programs to the parish community.
- Provide structure and opportunity for parishioners to become involved with Peace & Justice issues.
- Provide on-going support to social action and outreach ministries.
Currently, the Peace & Justice committee is concentrating on the repeal the Death Penalty in Florida and the nation, the environment, human trafficking, interfaith activities, immigration and support for farm workers.
Contact: Ann Buckley at 407-898-3294, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Margaret Mary Church & Community Organization:
Parishioners and neighborhood residents work together to improve the quality of life for everyone in our community through prayer, listening, research, and action. The St. Margaret Mary Church & Community Organization is part of the interdenominational group Faith in Florida. Contact Laurie Tucker, 407-286-1880.