In accord with Diocesan, state and local guidelines, we added additional seating in the church for Mass. For your health and safety and for the safety of those around you, wearing a mask over your nose and mouth will still be required as well as maintaining a safe social distance from others not living in your household. Thank you for your assistance as we continue to maintain a safe worship space for Mass.
We need to respect the restrictions and guidelines that the health professionals have provided in order to keep everyone safe and healthy. Bishop Noonan has informed us that we are dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday until further notice. Additionally, those who would prefer to attend our daily Mass at 8am in lieu of a weekend Mass, so as to avoid crowds, are welcome to do so.
Here are some guidelines regarding how we are going to proceed in our church.
Guidelines for Mass
The following guidelines apply to both daily and weekend Masses:
- Parishioners must register to attend the weekend Mass of their choice through Eventbrite, print a ticket and present their ticket at the door of the church in order to gain entry. Rather than printing, you may also use a digital ticket on your phone. Read more about the ticketing process. At this time, daily Masses do not require a ticket.
- If you are sick or are experiencing any symptoms of sickness please do not attend Mass. Those who are vulnerable or have compromised immune systems should also remain at home.
- We will continue live-steaming daily Masses and Mass at 9:30am on Sunday for those who cannot attend.
- Weekend Mass times are as follows: Sat. 5pm, Sun. 7:30am, 9:30am, 12:00pm, and 6pm.
- Please wear face masks, and practice social distancing by staying 6ft from other parishioners.
- Please enter the church through lower courtyard doors (entrance next to the chapel facing the family life center).
- The doors to the church will be opened 30 minutes prior to Mass. Also, please arrive on time as the doors will be closed and locked for security reasons once Mass begins.
- Certain pews are reserved to allow for social distancing. Please sit only in the pews that are not roped off.
- The nursery will remain closed and Children’s Liturgy of the Word is on hiatus at this time.
- Please refrain from shaking hands during the sign of peace or holding hands during the Our Father.
- During Communion:
- We will only be distributing Holy Communion in the form of the Sacred Host and it will be given in the hand, not on the tongue.
- Please allow 6ft of space from each other in the communion line.
- For those wearing gloves, please remove them before receiving Holy Communion.
- At the conclusion of Mass, parishioners should leave the premises through any of the open doors.
We are excited to gather together and share in the Eucharist! These protocols have been carefully and thoughtfully provided to ensure that we can safely gather as a community who respects one another and who joyously worships our God.