For the past decade, the St. Margaret Mary Scout Troop 62 has held a summer food drive to “Stock the Shelves” of the Winter Park and Apopka Farmworker’s food pantries. This is the largest annual collection of food they receive, and the need is greater than ever.
In keeping with the social distancing guidelines and, wishing to protect the health and safety of all, we will hold a no contact drive-up food drive this year. All non-perishable items will be collected under the parking lot’s covered drop off. We ask that you place your donation in your trunk or hatch-back, and it will be collected by a gloved and masked adult volunteer.
- Saturday, July 25th 4:30-5:30pm
- Sunday, July 26th 7am-12:30pm and 5:30pm-6:30pm
- You may also drop off items in the Family Life Center the week of July 20-24.
Brown paper bags will be handed out prior to each Mass the weekend of July 18/19. Suggested Items Include:
- Canned - vegetables, fruit, pasta, pork & beans and soup
- Spaghetti sauce
- Rice, instant potatoes and mac & cheese
- Canned meat, tuna and Vienna sausage
- Cereal, pancake mix and syrup
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Juice boxes, powdered and shelf-stable milk
- Crackers, snacks, granola & power bars,
- peanut butter/cheese crackers, Jell-O and pudding
- Hamburger/tuna helper
- Cooking oil
- Toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste, bar soap and feminine hygiene products
For more information or questions, contact Anne Domescek at [email protected] or 407-252-3926.