For the past 38 years, St. Margaret Mary and All Saints Episcopal Churches have offered the Thanksgiving and Christmas Stores to help our neighbors meet their holiday needs. Sadly, due to COVID-19, we have had to modify our program this year. To best help our local community and, to ensure everyone’s safety, we are offering The Thanksgiving Plus Store. There will not be a Christmas Store this year.
We assist local families, struggling to make ends meet, including the working poor,
the elderly on fixed incomes and the disabled.
How the Thanksgiving Plus Store will work:
- We will offer the items families need for their complete Thanksgiving dinner PLUS additional staple items.
- In lieu of our normal event in the parish hall, there will be extensive contactless deliveries and a drive-thru to distribute the food.
Donations: November 1-22
- Please bring your food donation to church any time between November 1-22 (early drop off helps us know what we’re missing)
- We need approx. 2500 reusable cloth shopping bags for distribution, bag donations are appreciated.
- If you wish us to purchase your food, please direct your donation to the parish office and mark it “Stores.”
|Last Initial||Thanksgiving - Nov 23/24|
|B||Cooking Oil (vegetable & canola)|
|G||Pasta & Pasta Sauce|
|I, J, K||Canned Yams|
|M||Canned Green Beans|
|S||Candy & Nuts|
|T, U, V||Canned Tuna|
|W, X, Y, Z||Pasta & Pasta Sauce|
- We need a lot of adult volunteers
- All volunteers must be adults, except for families helping make deliveries together.
- In order to maintain social distancing, volunteers are required to register online for specific jobs at specific times.
- Everyone must complete the diocesan COVID forms (these will be provided later) and masks are required.
- Volunteer opportunities, include the following:
- Saturday & Sunday, November 21/22 - a small number of people to sort and pack food
- Monday, November 23 - morning deliveries and afternoon drive-thru
- Tuesday, November 24 - morning drive-thru and clean-up
- Because of the amount of food being delivered, we need a lot of vehicles, with large storage capacity.
The Stores Video