Classes for parents will resume in the Fall. Register Today!
Discovering God's Plan For Love and Life
Theology of the Body for Teens: Middle School Edition answers the questions your middle school students may have about sexual morality, relationships, and how they were uniquely created for greatness. This program uses a dynamic mix of stories, real-life examples, activities, prayers, and relevant references to the culture, all packed into eight life-changing lessons.
Theology of the Body for Teens: Middle School/Edition answers questions such as:
- Who am l?
- Are there consequences to my actions?
- What is the difference between love and lust?
- How do I balance family, friends, school, God, music, TV, Internet, texting, etc., in my daily life?
- How can I discern my vocation to marriage, priesthood, or religious life?
- How do I deal with bullying, gossip, peer pressure, pornography, divorce, etc?
- Can I live my Catholic faith no matter how I messed up in the past?
TOB Resources for Parents:
- From Christopher West: http://corproject.com/cry-of-the-heart
- From Christopher West: COR Project: “Beyond the Talk- Sharing Gods Plan For Sexuality With Your Kids”
- THE TRUTH AND MEANING OF HUMAN SEXUALITY: Guidelines for Education within the Family. From the Vatican Pontifical Council for the Family, December 1995.
- FORMED: http://formed.org You may get a code to access these tools by contacting the St. Margaret Mary Church Office at (407) 647-3392 or ChurchOffice@stmargaretmary.org
- YDisciple: Important Message for Dads
- YDisciple: Just for Parents
- YDIsciple: Practicing Prayer by Jackie Franscois.
- True Beauty: Chastity for Girls
- True Strength: Chastity for Guys
- Who Am I?
- Who Is God?
- Discovering God Together, The Catholic Guide to Raising Faithful Kids. By Dr. Greg Popcak
- The Father of the Family: A Christian Perspective by Clayton Barbeau
- Additional websites:
- Free Parenting Practicals from LIFETEEN’s parent life website: http://ltparentlife.com Use parish code “margaretmary32789” to make an account.Here is one article that might be helpful: “Sex Can Be A Daunting Topic.” by JOEL STEPANEKhttp://ltparentlife.com/the-talk-teaching-your-youth-the-basics-of-theology-of-the-body
- On EWTN ProLife Weekly—a 6 minute interview with Leah Darrow on advice for parents on how to show our kids beauty and love at home: http://video.ewtn.com/index.php/ewtn-pro-life-weekly Leah’s website is www.leahdarrow.com