Do you want to receive updates from the Office of Youth Ministry? SIGN ME UP
Youth Ministry Updates- Spring 2021
It's a new year! We can't wait to continue walking with our young people and families in 2021. Below are our opportunities for the Spring Semester:
Amplify High School Ministry
Sunday April 4: No Amplify
Sunday, April 11. 1-4pm in the Parish Hall
It's time to celebrate! 🎉 All high school students are invited for our Easter/Divine Mercy Party on Sunday afternoon.
Sign up here to let us know you're coming!
Revive Middle School Youth Group
St. Joseph: Creatively Courageous.
Wednesday, April 14, 6:30-8pm
Tonight, we’ll look St. Joseph’s courage in listening to God’s voice and constantly protecting Jesus and Mary. He can be both our example and our protector as well.
Sign up here to receive Zoom link
Middle School Faith Formation (Journey Together)
This year, our Journey Together Middle School Faith Formation will be home-based!
Families will use the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies for formation. This will include many resources such as weekly lessons, teacher guides, videos, etc. Please contact Hunter Spyckaboer ([email protected]) for more info
Registration is open for Youth Ministry for 2020-2021. Register Today!
All times are listed in local (Eastern) time
Daily/Weekly Events for Teens and Families
- Weekly LIVE Youth Night (Sundays at 8 PM) - Project YM
- Global Life Night (Sundays at 5pm)- Lifeteen
- The Life You Were Made For (Wednesdays at 8pm)– Chris Stefanick on Facebook Live
- Ascension Press- Multiple live prayer and faith formation events each week
- LIVE prayer sessions:
Personal Prayer and Reflection
- Hallow App- Guided Daily Prayer and Meditation
- Fr. Walsh's Weekly Scripture Focus (Videos)
- Daily Dose of Hope- Daily SMM emails reflecting on Hope
- Sr. Rosemary’s Reflections (Articles)
- Weekly SMM Rosary- Pray the Rosary with SMM Families each week
- Messages of Hope- Weekly Reflections from NCYC Speakers
- 3 Minute Retreats- Loyola Press
- Discover Jesus Retreat- Personal Retreat for all ages
- Virtual Retreats and Spiritual Exercises - San Pedro Retreat Center
- St. Margaret Mary Sundays at 9:30am, Daily at 8:00am
- Other Parishes in the Diocese of Orlando Livestreaming Mass
- Pope Francis Daily and Sunday Masses, and Papal Events
- Word on Fire (Bishop Barron) Daily (including Sundays) at 8:15am
- Fr. Mike Schmitz Sundays at 10am
- Fr. Josh Johnson Daily at 9:30am
Resources for Virtual Mass
- What is Spiritual Communion? Is it Worth It?
- The Theology of Spiritual Communion
- How to celebrate Mass at home during COVID-19
- Creating a Sacred Space at Home
- Tips for Watching Mass from home with kids
- Getting Something Out of Virtual Mass (Video)
Sunday Readings/Bible Study
- Catholic.Bible- Lectio Divina on Sunday readings
- Summit by Lifeteen- Lectio Divina and videos on Sunday readings
- Gospel Weekly - Videos and reflections for young kids
- Guide to Lectio Divina with Children
Faith Resources for Families
- Family Resources – HUGE list of ideas and resources from The Leadership Institute, Diocese of Bridgeport
- FORMED.org- aka Catholic Netflix. Videos, books, audio, movies and more. Free subscription from our parish
- Ascension Presents- Continuously updated library of videos, articles, and podcasts to help you grow in your faith
- Family Prayer and Activities – Loyola Press
- Video Catechism – Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston & ODB Films
Resources for Parents
- Tips for Managing Cooped Up Teens- Roy Petifils (LMHC)
- Resources for Homeschooling during COVID-19
- Beyond the Pew- Resources, videos, and community for parents
- Lifeteen Parent Life- Tips and encouragement on raising teens, insights into teen culture
- Messages of Hope for Parents- Youtube Playlist from NFCYM
- Parents Guide to Healthy Conversations During the Coronavirus Outbreak - Dr. Tim Elmore, Growing Leaders
- Raising Kids Who Stay Catholic, part 1 - Jason and Rachel Bulman (Diocese of Orlando)
- Coping with Crisis- Youtube Playlist from NFCYM
- Ave Explores: Stress, Anxiety, and Mental Health- Tons of mental health resources from Ave Maria Press
- Helping Teens Manage Stress- Gabriela Silva
Conferences (Live and Previously Recorded)
The Confirmation program at St. Margaret Mary is a one-year program typically completed during the candidate’s 9th grade year. Find out more.
For more information, please contact Hunter Spyckaboer, Director of Youth Ministry at [email protected] or (407) 998-5677.
About the Amplify High School Youth Ministry
St. Margaret Mary's AMPLIFY High School Youth Ministry serves students in 9th Grade through 12th Grade. We offer weekly Youth Group meetings (Amplify nights) on Sunday nights for High School Students, along with service opportunities, retreats, and mission trips. All students are invited and welcome to join us as we grow in community and strive to Encounter the Heart of Christ.
About the Revive Middle School Youth Ministry
St. Margaret Mary's REVIVE Middle School Youth Ministry serves students in 6th Grade through 8th Grade. We offer weekly Youth Group meetings (Revive nights) on Wednesday nights for Middle School students as well as home-based faith formation (Journey Together) All students are invited and welcome to join us as we grow in community and strive to Encounter the Heart of Christ.
Google Virtual Tour of our Youth Room