Do you want to receive updates from the Office of Youth Ministry? SIGN ME UP
Youth Ministry Update
Perhaps what we need now, more than anything else, is hope. Each day, we will be sending out a "Daily Dose of Hope" to your inbox- short reflections on this important virtue from saints and fellow parishioners as well as practical steps for living in hope. Click here to sign up!
In this unprecedented time, please know that we are praying for you and your loved ones, and we are here to support you. While our regular youth ministry meetings are cancelled, our focus will be on providing students and families resources to have meaningful conversations and grow in your faith. Below you'll find some experiences for this weekend. Here's some ideas on how to use the resources we'll be sharing.
Lifeteen: Tongues of Fire Challenge! (Sunday, May 24)
Lifeteen is hosting a Global Life Night each Sunday on their Youtube channel, featuring Catholic speakers, musicians, and more. This week will feature Joel Stepanek! The live broadcast will be at 5pm Eastern on Sunday, but the video will be accessible as a replay as well.
Here's what to do:
1. Beginning at 5pm on Sunday (5/17), head to LifeTeen's Youtube Page
2. Watch the video together (as a family, with friends, or with other families)
3. Talk and pray about the message! (Click here for discussion guide)
ProjectYM Live! New Season begins June 14
The first season of ProjectYM's LIVE weekly youth night is over, but they will start a new season on June 14! Until then, you can find a replay of Season 1 here
All times are listed in local (Eastern) time
Daily/Weekly Events for Teens and Families
- Weekly LIVE Youth Night (Sundays at 8 PM) - Project YM
- Global Life Night (Sundays at 5pm)- Lifeteen
- The Life You Were Made For (Wednesdays at 8pm)– Chris Stefanick on Facebook Live
- Ascension Press- Multiple live prayer and faith formation events each week
- LIVE prayer sessions:
Personal Prayer and Reflection
- Hallow App- Guided Daily Prayer and Meditation
- Fr. Walsh's Weekly Scripture Focus (Videos)
- Daily Dose of Hope- Daily SMM emails reflecting on Hope
- Sr. Rosemary’s Reflections (Articles)
- Weekly SMM Rosary- Pray the Rosary with SMM Families each week
- Messages of Hope- Weekly Reflections from NCYC Speakers
- 3 Minute Retreats- Loyola Press
- Discover Jesus Retreat- Personal Retreat for all ages
- Virtual Retreats and Spiritual Exercises - San Pedro Retreat Center
- St. Margaret Mary Sundays at 9:30am, Daily at 8:00am
- Other Parishes in the Diocese of Orlando Livestreaming Mass
- Pope Francis Daily and Sunday Masses, and Papal Events
- Word on Fire (Bishop Barron) Daily (including Sundays) at 8:15am
- Fr. Mike Schmitz Sundays at 10am
- Fr. Josh Johnson Daily at 9:30am
Resources for Virtual Mass
- What is Spiritual Communion? Is it Worth It?
- The Theology of Spiritual Communion
- How to celebrate Mass at home during COVID-19
- Creating a Sacred Space at Home
- Tips for Watching Mass from home with kids
- Getting Something Out of Virtual Mass (Video)
Sunday Readings/Bible Study
- Catholic.Bible- Lectio Divina on Sunday readings
- Summit by Lifeteen- Lectio Divina and videos on Sunday readings
- Gospel Weekly - Videos and reflections for young kids
- Guide to Lectio Divina with Children
Faith Resources for Families
- Family Resources – HUGE list of ideas and resources from The Leadership Institute, Diocese of Bridgeport
- FORMED.org- aka Catholic Netflix. Videos, books, audio, movies and more. Free subscription from our parish
- Ascension Presents- Continuously updated library of videos, articles, and podcasts to help you grow in your faith
- Family Prayer and Activities – Loyola Press
- Video Catechism – Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston & ODB Films
Resources for Parents
- Tips for Managing Cooped Up Teens- Roy Petifils (LMHC)
- Resources for Homeschooling during COVID-19
- Beyond the Pew- Resources, videos, and community for parents
- Lifeteen Parent Life- Tips and encouragement on raising teens, insights into teen culture
- Messages of Hope for Parents- Youtube Playlist from NFCYM
- Parents Guide to Healthy Conversations During the Coronavirus Outbreak - Dr. Tim Elmore, Growing Leaders
- Raising Kids Who Stay Catholic, part 1 - Jason and Rachel Bulman (Diocese of Orlando)
- Coping with Crisis- Youtube Playlist from NFCYM
- Ave Explores: Stress, Anxiety, and Mental Health- Tons of mental health resources from Ave Maria Press
- Helping Teens Manage Stress- Gabriela Silva
Conferences (Live and Previously Recorded)
The Confirmation program at St. Margaret Mary is a one-year program typically completed during the candidate’s 9th grade year. This year's Confirmation program is complete, but our team is busy preparing for next year!
Did your family complete our program this year? Make sure to fill out our survey! It's completely anonymous, and your feedback will be used to improve next year's Confirmation prep!
Registration paperwork for our 2020-21 Confirmation program will mailed out this summer to all registered parishioners with an incoming 9th grade student. For more information, please contact Hunter Spyckaboer, Director of Youth Ministry at [email protected] or (407) 998-5677.
About the Amplify High School Youth Ministry
St. Margaret Mary's AMPLIFY High School Youth Ministry serves students in 9th Grade through 12th Grade. We offer weekly Youth Group meetings (Amplify nights) on Sunday nights for High School Students, along with service opportunities, retreats, and mission trips. All students are invited and welcome to join us as we grow in community and strive to Encounter the Heart of Christ.
About the Revive Middle School Youth Ministry
St. Margaret Mary's REVIVE Middle School Youth Ministry serves students in 6th Grade through 8th Grade. We offer weekly Youth Group meetings (Revive nights) on Wednesday nights for Middle School students as well as a weekly faith formation class (Journey Together) on Sunday mornings. All students are invited and welcome to join us as we grow in community and strive to Encounter the Heart of Christ.
Google Virtual Tour of our Youth Room