For over a decade, St. Margaret Mary has journeyed with parishes in Haiti with the theme of “You can do it. We can help.” Our programs have included projects which provide a self-sustaining impact and crisis funding as natural disasters have required.
The program is based on 4 principles:
- Haitian Self-Sufficiency: With a guiding hand, Haitians can do it themselves!
- Sustainability: We've identified numerous programs and projects that work!
- Transparency: Any exchange of money or deal is a clear and well known transaction. Each person's role is clearly defined.
- Clear Exit Time: The parish knows they will have us for 5 years. "If you stay too long, you become part of the problem, not the solution."
- Economic Empowerment - Livestock, village banking and agriculture.
- Health - Disease prevention, water accessibility and purity, and supporting destitute seniors.
- Education - Teacher training and compensation (cow project). In some cases, school construction.
- Faith Sharing - Training for chapel leaders to conduct services, music and sacrament preparation. Extra support for couples getting married.
- Peace Program - Youth program focusing on leadership training and promoting peace through conflict resolution and mediation skills.
If you are interested in starting a mission program at your parish, we can help you get it off the ground using "Ken's Model" for Haiti. If you have a current mission program, regardless of location, these methods can be implemented.
Contact us and we will set you up with a member from our ministry!
Haiti website: https://www.haitiministry.com
Haiti Outreach Ministry Brochure: