"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” -Matthew 18:20
The St. Margaret Mary Young Adults Ministry is a community of young professionals seeking to grow in friendship and faith through formation, prayer, service, and social events. Our goal is to create a home for young adults in this parish. We believe faith-filled community is vital in this time of life as we pursue holiness in our studies, our work, and our relationships with others.
"Become who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire" -St. Catherine of Sienna
Our events aim to inspire us to be the best version of ourselves, ranging from Holy Hour to Happy Hour! Some of our ideas include Sunday Mass & brunch, volunteer opportunities, and speaker socials... the possibilities are endless! We hope to grow this ministry to its full potential, and to bring our powerful presence into parish life. All are welcome!
“Young people, do not be afraid to be holy!” - St. Pope John Paul II
- 12/13 – It’s our CHRISTMAS PARTY – and it’s POTLUCK STYLE! We’re Catholic, and we like to have fun. We will be providing the main course (meat, yum) and drinks, and all of you will bring sides to share!
- 7:00pm, Thursday, in the Bethany & Cana Room (upstairs in the parish center).
- WE NEED YOU TO RSVP. So do that here
- Just a heads up… parking is going to be ROUGH. So, please park on one of the side streets if you can! Thank you.
- 12/16 – First day of the Christmas Novena at the Ospinas’ house! We know that this family knows how to have a good time. More details to follow!
- 12/31 – New Year’s Eve Party at the Ospinas’ house! AKA December is party month. Stay tuned for details.
- Chicken Soup Ministry needs volunteers to deliver food to those in need! CHICKEN SOUP MINISTRY: “Do you live in your own home or apartment but are unable to drive? We can help you get to the grocery, doctor, bank or other necessary places. Or are you having surgery and will not be able to cook for yourself for a while? We can bring healthy meals to you. Contact Scott at 407-628-1324. Or if you’d like to become a volunteer, Contact Pegge or call 407-629-9699.”
- Live Nativity volunteers needed! We need actors and helpers for setting up the manger scene! If you’re interested in being an actor, contact James Lumbra at firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re interested in constructing/setting up the manger, contact Jeanie Dunn at email@example.com
- 12/20 – SMM is holding a Nursing Home Mass at Winter Park Care & Rehab. The elderly could use some visitors, especially this time of year. If you’re interested in helping out, contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from the Young Adult Ministry
More Young Adult Opportunities
Campus Ministry (Rollins College) serves the students, faculty, staff and friends of Rollins College. Mass is celebrated Sunday nights at 8:30 pm in the Rollins Chapel during the academic year. Social gatherings and meetings frequently follow Sunday Mass. Opportunities for retreats, service and ministry are available for the community. The Newman Club represents students and facilitates the community's activities. A special focus is placed on Social Justice.
Catholic Campus Ministry (UCF) Our mission is to provide students and the university community a home where they can strengthen their faith...discern God's call...and grow into passionate Catholic leaders.
Join us for Mass on Sundays, 6pm, on campus in the Student Union 316 during all semesters (please check our website for any changes that may occur during Summer Semesters). We also have Mass on Tuesday, 5:30pm, off campus at our CCM Student Center http://www.ccmknights.com and many other ways to get involved including: Men’s group, Women’s group, IM Sports, praise & worship band, socials, Adoration, skits and more!
Rev. Joshua Swallows