"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” -Matthew 18:20
The St. Margaret Mary Young Adults Ministry is a community of young professionals seeking to grow in friendship and faith through formation, prayer, service, and social events. Our goal is to create a home for young adults in this parish. We believe faith-filled community is vital in this time of life as we pursue holiness in our studies, our work, and our relationships with others.
"Become who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire" -St. Catherine of Sienna
Our events aim to inspire us to be the best version of ourselves, ranging from Holy Hour to Happy Hour! Some of our ideas include Sunday Mass & brunch, volunteer opportunities, and speaker socials... the possibilities are endless! We hope to grow this ministry to its full potential, and to bring our powerful presence into parish life. All are welcome!
“Young people, do not be afraid to be holy!” - St. Pope John Paul II
- During Lent - Adoration each Friday in the chapel from after 8:00am Mass until before the 5:30 pm Mass. At least 2 adorers MUST be present while the Blessed Sacrament is exposed. Is there a better way to serve our Lord? Sign up for a time here!
- Ongoing - Join the SMM Choir! We sing at the 9:30am Sunday Mass, and rehearse Wednesdays from 7-8:30pm. We love new members! Contact: Mark@stmargaretmary.org
- Marian Mondays LIVES ON at 6:45pm! As always… MEET IN THE COURTYARD and call me if you can’t find us (407)-415-3583. Come, pray, hang out, and kick off your week with the Blessed Mother. Check out the line-up!·
- 3/25 - Parish Penance Service is at 7pm! Meet at 6:45pm in the courtyard to sit together! This will be the ULTIMATE way to celebrate our Marian Monday! Food afterwards of course – I was thinking Olive Garden this time. Info here.
- 3/29 – Fish Fry Friday Returns! Who wants to eat fish at the Ospinas? Count me in. See you guys there. Info here. MAKE SURE YOU RSVP! Otherwise…we may not get enough food!
- 3/30 – “Be Strong – Take Heart” is a young adult retreat in Tampa. It’s going to be an amazing, 1-day retreat from 9am to 8pm at St. Lawrence Catholic Church. To register, go to http://www.stlawrence.org/yar.
- Do you even Lent? This is a great way to do something extra for the holy season.
- Someone told me there was OVER 150 YOUNG ADULTS last time! ….. insane
- Cost is only $35, which is a really good value!
- We can carpool together and have ourselves a good ol’ roadtrip!
Photos from the Young Adult Ministry
More Young Adult Opportunities
Campus Ministry (Rollins College) serves the students, faculty, staff and friends of Rollins College. Mass is celebrated Sunday nights at 8:30 pm in the Rollins Chapel during the academic year. Social gatherings and meetings frequently follow Sunday Mass. Opportunities for retreats, service and ministry are available for the community. The Newman Club represents students and facilitates the community's activities. A special focus is placed on Social Justice.
Catholic Campus Ministry (UCF) Our mission is to provide students and the university community a home where they can strengthen their faith...discern God's call...and grow into passionate Catholic leaders.
Join us for Mass on Sundays, 6pm, on campus in the Student Union 316 during all semesters (please check our website for any changes that may occur during Summer Semesters). We also have Mass on Tuesday, 5:30pm, off campus at our CCM Student Center http://www.ccmknights.com and many other ways to get involved including: Men’s group, Women’s group, IM Sports, praise & worship band, socials, Adoration, skits and more!
Rev. Joshua Swallows