"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” -Matthew 18:20
The St. Margaret Mary Young Adults Ministry is a community of young professionals seeking to grow in friendship and faith through formation, prayer, service, and social events. Our goal is to create a home for young adults in this parish. We believe faith-filled community is vital in this time of life as we pursue holiness in our studies, our work, and our relationships with others.
"Become who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire" -St. Catherine of Sienna
Our events aim to inspire us to be the best version of ourselves, ranging from Holy Hour to Happy Hour! Some of our ideas include Sunday Mass & brunch, volunteer opportunities, and speaker socials... the possibilities are endless! We hope to grow this ministry to its full potential, and to bring our powerful presence into parish life. All are welcome!
“Young people, do not be afraid to be holy!” - St. Pope John Paul II
- 11/15 (This Thursday night!) – Holy Hour & Happy Hour starting at 6pm! We’ve been invited by St. Mary Magdalene’s Young Adult Group to come pray and chill with them! Sounds like it’ll be a blast! For more info and to RSVP, go here.
- 11/29 – Speaker Night with Deacon Tommy! We’ll be talking about Advent, and how we can effectively prepare for the coming of Christ in Christmas. RSVP and check out the details here.
- 12/1 – St. Joseph the Worker Retreat hosted by Young Catholic Professionals. Half day retreat in the morning from 8:30am – 12:00pm. For more info and to RSVP, head here.
- Amazing volunteer opportunity! – The SMM Thanksgiving and Christmas Stores. Check out their video on the parish website.
- 12/16 – Helpers are needed at all the weekend Masses to hand out gift books for the parish. Contact Nick@stmargaretmary.org to sign up for a Mass to help out.
- 12/20 – SMM is holding a Nursing Home Mass at Winter Park Care & Rehab. The elderly could use some visitors, especially this time of year. If you’re interested in helping out, contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from the Young Adult Ministry
More Young Adult Opportunities
Campus Ministry (Rollins College) serves the students, faculty, staff and friends of Rollins College. Mass is celebrated Sunday nights at 8:30 pm in the Rollins Chapel during the academic year. Social gatherings and meetings frequently follow Sunday Mass. Opportunities for retreats, service and ministry are available for the community. The Newman Club represents students and facilitates the community's activities. A special focus is placed on Social Justice.
Catholic Campus Ministry (UCF) Our mission is to provide students and the university community a home where they can strengthen their faith...discern God's call...and grow into passionate Catholic leaders.
Join us for Mass on Sundays, 6pm, on campus in the Student Union 316 during all semesters (please check our website for any changes that may occur during Summer Semesters). We also have Mass on Tuesday, 5:30pm, off campus at our CCM Student Center http://www.ccmknights.com and many other ways to get involved including: Men’s group, Women’s group, IM Sports, praise & worship band, socials, Adoration, skits and more!
Rev. Joshua Swallows