"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” -Matthew 18:20
The St. Margaret Mary Young Adults Ministry is a community of young professionals seeking to grow in friendship and faith through formation, prayer, service, and social events. Our goal is to create a home for young adults in this parish. We believe faith-filled community is vital in this time of life as we pursue holiness in our studies, our work, and our relationships with others.
"Become who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire" -St. Catherine of Sienna
Our events aim to inspire us to be the best version of ourselves, ranging from Holy Hour to Happy Hour! Some of our ideas include Sunday Mass & brunch, volunteer opportunities, and speaker socials... the possibilities are endless! We hope to grow this ministry to its full potential, and to bring our powerful presence into parish life. All are welcome!
“Young people, do not be afraid to be holy!” - St. Pope John Paul II
Next Week or so…
- Marian Mondays – Every Monday at 6:45pm in the courtyard as usual unless you hear otherwise! This is an EXCELLENT, regular event for new people. Good people, good times. And we always go out to eat afterwards! J
- We’re on for 11/11 and 11/18! See you there!
- Facebook event if you need it: https://www.facebook.com/events/796377167462139/
- 11/7 – YCP Orlando is hosting a speaker night at our very own St. Margaret Mary! Hope to see you guys there!
- Facebook event for details: https://www.facebook.com/events/380501882886724/
- 11/15 – The Catholically famous Dan Harms (from Steubenville Conferences) will be leading Praise & Worship while the amazing Fr. Anthony will be leading Adoration and Benediction in the Chapel! Join us for this EPIC night of song and prayer.
- Event starts at 6:30pm in the Chapel.
- Facebook event for details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1140764219462025/
- 11/21 – Mental Health speaker night. Anxiety and depression are rampant nowadays – how do we handle it as followers of Christ? Whether you’re experiencing it for yourself or you have ever encountered someone who is facing mental health issues, this night is FOR YOU!
- We will have 3 speakers: a mental health counselor, a priest, and a young adult.
- Starts at 7:00pm at St. Margaret Mary. Stay tuned for details!
Opportunities to Grow:
- Women’s Young Adult Group - Our dearly beloved Annabeth is starting up a women’s group! I’m certain that it’s going to be AWESOME because Annabeth is AWESOME. All Christian women are welcome! If you’re interested, hit me up at 407-415-3583 and we’ll get you plugged in.
- Liturgy - Interested in being part of the Mass? We’re looking for ministers of Holy Communion, lectors, ushers, greeters, and sacristans! For more info, contact Lisa at email@example.com or (407)-647-0726.
- Facebook - Be in the loop! Join our Facebook page HERE! Heads up: in order to for the event/RSVP links to work you MUST be a member of the Facebook group FIRST. So join ASAP!
- SMM Parish Updates – Interested in getting more involved in St. Margaret Mary? They send out weekly updates every week with some pretty cool stuff! Check it out here: https://stmargaretmary.org/sign-up
Photos from the Young Adult Ministry
More Young Adult Opportunities
Campus Ministry (Rollins College) serves the students, faculty, staff and friends of Rollins College. Mass is celebrated Sunday nights at 8:30 pm in the Rollins Chapel during the academic year. Social gatherings and meetings frequently follow Sunday Mass. Opportunities for retreats, service and ministry are available for the community. The Newman Club represents students and facilitates the community's activities. A special focus is placed on Social Justice.
Catholic Campus Ministry (UCF) Our mission is to provide students and the university community a home where they can strengthen their faith...discern God's call...and grow into passionate Catholic leaders.
Join us for Mass:
Tuesday-Thursday: 5 pm in the Chapel
Sunday: 12 pm in the Pegasus Ballroom (Student Union)
and at 5 pm in the Multipurpose Room
*Confession is offered from 4:30 until Mass time*
*Adoration is offered Tuesday-Thursday from 12-5 pm in the Chapel*
http://www.ccmknights.com and many other ways to get involved including: Men’s group, Women’s group, IM Sports, praise & worship band, socials, Adoration, skits and more!
Rev. Joshua Swallows