"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” -Matthew 18:20
The St. Margaret Mary Young Adults Ministry is a community of young professionals seeking to grow in friendship and faith through formation, prayer, service, and social events. Our goal is to create a home for young adults in this parish. We believe faith-filled community is vital in this time of life as we pursue holiness in our studies, our work, and our relationships with others.
"Become who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire" -St. Catherine of Sienna
Our events aim to inspire us to be the best version of ourselves, ranging from Holy Hour to Happy Hour! Some of our ideas include Sunday Mass & brunch, volunteer opportunities, and speaker socials... the possibilities are endless! We hope to grow this ministry to its full potential, and to bring our powerful presence into parish life. All are welcome!
“Young people, do not be afraid to be holy!” - St. Pope John Paul II
- Marian Mondays – Every Monday at 6:45pm in the courtyard as usual unless you hear otherwise! And if the food-lovers show up, then we go out to eat afterwards!
- We’re on for 8/26! See you there!
- 9/2 is Labor Day, so Marian Monday will not be happening.
- 9/6 – Be Holy, Be Happy – Come and join us for Adoration in the SMM chapel from 6pm to 7pm followed by good times with friends at The Porch in Winter Park. This is John’s favorite bar, so if we’re lucky we’ll see him there! Facebook details to follow.
- 9/14 – Catholics Love Tubing – We’re heading over to Kelly Park / Rock Springs in Apopka on Saturday 9/14! If you don’t get there early, you might not get in – so we’re busting down the doors! Join us from 8am – 1pm for tubing, sunburn, and good times! It’ll be a blast! Facebook details to follow.
Photos from the Young Adult Ministry
More Young Adult Opportunities
Campus Ministry (Rollins College) serves the students, faculty, staff and friends of Rollins College. Mass is celebrated Sunday nights at 8:30 pm in the Rollins Chapel during the academic year. Social gatherings and meetings frequently follow Sunday Mass. Opportunities for retreats, service and ministry are available for the community. The Newman Club represents students and facilitates the community's activities. A special focus is placed on Social Justice.
Catholic Campus Ministry (UCF) Our mission is to provide students and the university community a home where they can strengthen their faith...discern God's call...and grow into passionate Catholic leaders.
Join us for Mass on Sundays, 6pm, on campus in the Student Union 316 during all semesters (please check our website for any changes that may occur during Summer Semesters). We also have Mass on Tuesday, 5:30pm, off campus at our CCM Student Center http://www.ccmknights.com and many other ways to get involved including: Men’s group, Women’s group, IM Sports, praise & worship band, socials, Adoration, skits and more!
Rev. Joshua Swallows