Beginning in December, 1674, Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary 13 times and asked her to promote a strong devotion to his Sacred Heart. He also shared promises with her for those who prayed this Sacred Heart devotion. This special devotion represents not simply his physical heart, but His eternal and unconditional love for all humankind. As we pray these prayers, reflect on these Promises, and dedicate our families by enthroning the image of the Sacred Heart in our homes, may St. Margaret Mary, our parish patron, inspire us to promote the love of Jesus’ Heart for all people of every race, ethnicity and nationality.
Encouraging parishioners to enthrone the Sacred Heart of Jesus somewhere in their home. Go to ENTHRONE THE SACRED HEART to learn more.
Here are reflections on the 12 promises of the Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life
- I will give peace in their families
- I will console them in all their troubles
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy
- Tepid souls shall become fervent
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection
- I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at the last hour.
Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart of Jesus:Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart of Jesus